Welcome back to Term 2!
Welcome back to school, and we hope that you all had a good break!
We are pleased to welcome Dora back, following maternity leave. She will be in class Wednesday afternoons, Thursdays and Fridays.
Term 2 Theme
This term we will be continuing the theme of ‘Circus’. We will be doing lots more fun circus themed activities - sensory stories, cooking and games. We will then move on to Christmas related activities for the last few weeks of term. We have started weekly enrichment activities with students from Redland Green and will be putting together something to show you closer to Christmas.
We will be covering the area ‘keeping safe and looking after myself’. We will focus particularly on learning about how to look after our bodies in the cold weather. Please do let Dora or Michelle know if you want any more details or have any questions.
Swimming and Rebound
Swimming will be on Mondays and Thursdays. Please send a costume, 2 towels, a Tegaderm dressing and continence pants on Monday morning and we will return it for washing when we have used it.
Please use the home-school diary or email either of us with any questions and updates. If you need to speak to us for any reason please phone the school office on 01173533450 (Redland campus) If your child is going to be absent for any reason we really appreciate an early morning phone call to the office by 8.30am and a message left on the answering machine, as this greatly helps us plan our staffing. Thank you.
Reminder of What’s Needed in School
- Change of clothes kept in school, useful for any messy days.
- A supply of pads (nappies), wet wipes and creams if needed (we will write in your diary if these are running low)
- Clothes that are appropriate for the weather, especially during outdoor learning sessions.
We will be continuing to add photos and comments about what your child gets up to at school If you have any access issues do let us know. We would love to see what your child has been getting up to over the summer if you could send us some photos!
Dates for your diary
- Friday 17th November - Children in need event - more details to follow.
- Tuesday 5th December - Christingle event (Pupils only).
- Wednesday 6th December - Christmas Dinner day - wear party clothes.
- Thursday 7th December - Christmas event at Redland Church Hall (Pupils only).
- Friday 8th December - All secondary pupils to the Bristol Beacon for Big Jeff Art event - details to be confirmed and letter to follow.
- Monday 11th December - S3 Class Trip Ice Skating
- Tuesday 12th December - CHRISTMAS JUMPER DAY!
- Wednesday 13th December - Secondary Christmas show 10.00 - 11.30 - Parents welcome.
- Friday 15th Last day of term.
- Tuesday 2nd January 2024 - Inset day - closed to pupils.
- Wednesday 3rd January 2024 - term starts for pupils.
Michelle, Dora and the S3 team