Welcome back to Term 2!
Welcome back to the final term before Christmas! Time is going so fast.
This term we will be finishing our ‘Circus’ theme and then moving onto ‘Christmas activities’.
We will be finishing up with our circus stories and we have covered some halloween events this week. We have enjoyed our circus visit and making clown faces in class.
As we break up rather early this year, we will be moving on to Christmas work a bit sooner than we normally would. We have an enrichment session each Wednesday afternoon with Redland Green, where we are working on a ‘show’ - you’ll need to wait and see - no details yet!
We have lots of events and dates coming up - see below.
RE - This term in our assemblies we will be covering: Bonfire night/halloween, Remembrance, Diwali, Anti Bullying Week, World Hello day, Hanukkah and Christingle. We are also attending a Christmas event at the church hall and we are lucky enough to have Redland Green Church running this event for us.
RSE - We will be learning about ‘Keeping safe and looking after ourselves’.
Swimming will continue on Thursday mornings. Please continue to send in two large towels, tegaderm and shampoo and shower gel as well as swimming costumes.
Please use the home-school diary or email me with any questions and updates. It would be useful to know if your child is out of sorts, has had any additional medications (eg paracetamol/antibiotics) etc.
If you need to speak to me urgently please phone the school office.
If your child is going to be absent for any reason we really appreciate an early morning phone call to the office and a message left on the answering machine, as this greatly helps us plan our staffing. Thank you.
Reminder of what’s needed in school
- Change of clothes kept in school, useful for any messy days.
- A supply of pads, wet wipes and creams if needed. (We will write in your diary if these are running low.)
- Emergency medication and spare buttons as well as any daily medication as well as occasional medication (eg. paracetamol) - Please check medication and button dates.
- Snacks and squash if your child needs these.
- Clothes that are appropriate for the weather, especially during outdoor learning sessions.
- Blanket to go over laps when the weather is cold.
We will continue to add photos and comments about what your child is getting up to at school.
Please note - we do a lot more than we can possibly share and will do our best to keep you informed.
If you have any issues accessing Earwig please do let us know. Please continue to make use of the extra feature where you can send us photos, comments or videos of what your child has been doing at home - This is lovely for your child to see and share with Staff.
Dates for your diary
- Thursday 16th November - Parents in at 9.30 - 11.00 for physio session and coffee morning.
- Friday 17th November - Children in need event - more details to follow.
- Monday 4th December - S1 Ice skating event - letter to follow
- Tuesday 5th December - Christingle event (Pupils only).
- Wednesday 6th December - Christmas Dinner day - wear party clothes.
- Thursday 7th December - Christmas event at Redland Church Hall (Pupils only).
- Friday 8th December - All secondary pupils to the Bristol Beacon for Big Jeff event - details to be confirmed and letter to follow.
- Tuesday 12th December - CHRISTMAS JUMPER DAY!
- Wednesday 13th December - Secondary Christmas show 10.15 - 11.30 - Parents welcome.
- Friday 15th Last day of term.
- Tuesday 2nd January 2024 - Inset day - closed to pupils.
- Wednesday 3rd January 2024 - term starts for pupils.
As you can see it is promising to be a very busy term! I also wanted to take this opportunity to welcome Georgina to the class team. We will also have a new pupil starting in S1 soon so a very warm welcome to both of them!
John and the S1 team